As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Fresh green beans are a great option to add some healthy sides to your dinner menu (and it’s also fuss-free!). This Bill Miller green bean recipe will blow your mind and soon it will be your favorite recipe. Following this recipe, healthy green beans will turn into a tasty dish. Be assured that even picky children will love this meal and ask for more.
Quick Meal Facts
Ease of Cooking
The recipe is easy to follow and you don’t need to have any kitchen experience preparing it.
- 2 cups (450g) regular or white green beans, regular or whole (canned green beans can be used as a substitute)
- 2 cups sliced bacon (450g)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or regular oil)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Large pan
- Serving Plate
You need to follow a few simple steps for Bill Miller’s green beans recipe to get the best results. This recipe requires only a few minutes to prep.
- Cut 450g of good-quality, fresh green beans, cut them in Italian or regular size and set aside in a basin. If you have a cut green bean package, that would also work. However, it would help if you avoided French-cut green beans. Select green beans that are either regular or Italian cut.
- Cut 2 tomatoes into small pieces and chop an onion.
- Take 5-6 garlic cloves, smash or chop them and set aside (you can also use garlic powder).
- Cook green beans by frying them in a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- After 5-8 minutes, add the tomatoes and chopped onion.
- After 2 minutes of frying, add the tomato sauce.
- At this stage, add the fresh garlic (if using).
- Add 2 tsp salt, black pepper, and garlic powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add one cup of hot water and let the mixture boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the water has soaked, add the cut bacon and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After that, add another cup of water and cook over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- When the green beans and bacon have finished cooking with the seasonings, it’s time to serve the green beans on a serving plate.
This Bill Miller Green bean recipe is simple and easy to make, making it the perfect side dish. This recipe goes well with many different main courses, especially with various types of meat and creamy pasta. This recipe goes well with potatoes, either roasted, mashed or pan-fried. If you prefer a healthy meal, you can serve this green bean recipe as a main course with quinoa, rice, couscous or any other type of grains.
One serving of Bill Miller green beans has 180 calories. Based on the % Daily Value, this dish is high in carbs (20%), fat (33%) and protein (40%).
How to Store the Bill Miller Green Bean Dish
You can store Bill Miller green bean dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can either eat it cold or reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
How Can I Tweak the Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe?
You can easily tweak this simple Bill Miller green bean recipe by substituting or adjusting some ingredients to suit your preferences and needs.
For example, you can choose from a wide variety of tomatoes. You can use Roma, grape tomatoes, crushed can or chopped tomatoes. The sweeter the tomatoes, the better!
You can increase the amount of bacon in this dish for an extra kick of flavor. Ensure that the bacon is well-fried and crispy.
If you use garlic powder, add it after mixing the green beans with bacon and before adding the last bit of water. However, if you use fresh garlic, add it when frying the green beans. Also, fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, oregano or chives will give an extra kick of flavor to the dish.
There are also a number of seasonings you could add to tweak this recipe a little, such as red pepper flakes. A small teaspoon of red pepper flakes with salt and garlic can add a new variety of tastes to the dish.
Bill Miller green bean recipe is not only delicious but healthy! It contains fiber-rich carbohydrates and lean protein that can lower cholesterol levels and improve bowel function. In addition, the water and dietary fibers in this recipe can also help you feel full without making you feel heavy. They also include a lot of antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals and harmful toxins and also improve cognitive performance.
Bill Miller green bean dish is also a great source of vitamin A, which is necessary for clear vision and healthy skin. Green beans are a good source of silicon, which helps muscles recuperate after every exercise, as well as magnesium, potassium, copper, Vitamin C and other essential nutrients for maintaining a healthy body.
Is Bill Miller green bean recipe suitable for vegans?
This Bill Miller green bean recipe contains meat from the bacon; however, you can substitute the bacon with other veggies such as spinach, mushrooms or asparagus. The onion, green beans and tomatoes from this recipe pair well with almost every vegetable.
Is Bill Miller green bean recipe lactose-free?
It is safe to say that this Bill Miller green bean recipe is lactose-free, so if you’re lactose intolerant, it’s safe for you to enjoy this dish!
Is Bill Miller green bean recipe gluten-free?
The good news is that this delicious Bill Miller green bean recipe is gluten-free!
The combination of flavors of this Bill Miller green bean recipe will make you add it to your weekly meal rotation! Also, it’s a basic dish that requires only a few ingredients, and you only need to follow a few simple steps. Green beans are cooked to perfection, and the flavorful sauce will please even the pickiest eaters.
If you’re looking for another healthy meal, check out this recipe.
- Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe - March 21, 2023
- How to make banana bread without a loaf pan - March 21, 2023
- Cracker Barrel squash casserole recipe - March 21, 2023