As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Red Bull has always been well-known for its unique high-sugar energy drinks. In recent years, they’ve also gone the extra mile to release a sugar-free product line of the red bull energy drink.
Sugar-free Red Bull has grown in popularity among consumers concerned about their health. However, even though Red Bull consumers seem to love the sugar-free version, it’s been circulating that sugar-free Red Bull has been discontinued as there are issues with its availability.
Sugar-Free red bull is not discontinued, but the formula has changed slightly. In addition to this, there was a period of low stock availability, which caused rumors to circulate about the Red Bull sugar-free product line being canceled.
Sugar-Free Red Bull
Sugar-free Red Bull has become a popular beverage for health-conscious consumers who want an alternative to the original energy drink formula. It contains taurine, caffeine, and B Vitamins. It’s promoted as an alternative to energy drinks and as a mixer for alcoholic beverages. Even though it contains no sugar, the sugar-free version of Red Bull has a comparable amount of caffeine to a cup of coffee.
It can also be a good option for diabetic consumers who must carefully monitor their sugar intake. It avoids the rapid high and opposing sugar crash you get with the regular red bull drink.
Sugar-free Red Bull was initially introduced in Austria, where it quickly gained popularity for those looking for a sugar-free fix. It was introduced in the US in 1997, and it rapidly gained popularity too – it is one of the great sugar-free drinks on the market.
Even though energy drinks have drawn criticism in recent years for their potential adverse health effects, with some people asking for them to be banned, sugar-free beverages like Red Bull are still available for purchase.
Sugar-free Red Bull is a popular option for people who are trying to stay healthy or control their weight, as it has fewer carbohydrates and fewer calories than the standard version.
The sugar-free version did have certain disadvantages, though. Some consumers claimed that the sugar-free version did not taste as good as the regular version and did not provide the same energy level.
Red Bull’s Product Offerings and Discontinuations
After doing some research, it appears that the sugar-free Red Bull was never discontinued. Red Bull announced at the beginning of 2015 that they will be reformulating their signature product to remove the artificial sweetener aspartame. Aspartame is an artificial sweetener. Nevertheless, in response to a fierce public backlash, they have reconsidered their decision.
Two years later in 2017, Red Bull announced that they would discontinue all sugar-free beverages to focus on their main product line and streamline their operations. The public’s response to this decision was ambivalent. Some consumers were dissatisfied because they preferred the sugar-free version and believed it was healthier than the regular Red Bull. Others welcomed Red Bull’s choice because they thought that the sugar-free version was inferior to the regular one.
Sadly, it has been claimed that the sugar-free version is no longer produced and sold. Although we do not know why Red Bull made this decision, we can only assume it has to do with production costs, consumer demand, or if the product is less profitable compared to the regular version of the product.
Sugar-Free Red Bull Energy Drink Nutritional Information
According to Red Bull’s official website, sugar-free red bull has not been discontinued. However, the artificial sweeteners have changed. The main ingredients of Sugar-free Red Bull are: 80 mg of caffeine, B-group Vitamins (Vitamin B6, B12, Pantothenic acid and niacin), Taurine, Water, Acesulfame-Potassium K and Sucralose. Acesulfame is a non-caloric sweetener used in dairy products, gums and baked goods. Sucralose is a non-caloric sugar derivative that tastes exactly like sugar but is produced synthetically. Sucralosed is used in various products such as baked goods, drinks, dairy products, desserts, syrups and canned fruits.
The differences between Red Bull zero and sugar free
Both Red Bull Zero and Red Bull Sugar-Free have 5 calories in a 250ml can, 80mg of caffeine and the same amount of B vitamins. However, the taste of the Red bull zero (gray can) is very similar to the original Red Bull while the sugar-free Red Bull (the can is the same) is like the diet version of the original Red Bull as it’s a lot sweeter, has more intense flavor and gives you a “fake sweetness” taste.
Sugar Free Pear Red Bull – Discontinued
Pear Red Bull was first introduced in 2019. It’s one of the various flavored versions of the original Red Bull beverage. The ingredients of the Pear version of Red Bull appear to be the same as the Sugar-Free version: caffeine, taurine, water, B-group Vitamins Acesulfame-Potassium K, Sucralose and of course Pear artificial flavors.
Red Bull’s decision to stop making this beverage has caused some confusion, and consumers have been looking for answers. The assumption is that the pear flavor of Red Bull is discontinued as it’s becoming increasingly hard to find in stores.
So, if you love this flavored beverage, it’s probably time to say goodbye! However, the company hasn’t officially announced its discontinuation. It’s clear from the beverage’s absence on the market that the company will soon stop its production. The only announcement made by Red Bull is that it will temporarily stop selling some of its low-calorie, reduced sugar and sugar-free products.
Alternatives to Sugar-Free Red Bull
If you want to explore alternative energy drink options to the Sugar-Free Red Bull, we made a list of alternative sugar-free energy drinks available in the market.
- Rockstar energy drink has 160mg of caffeine and is full of taurine, B Vitamins, and guarana. It also contains niacin, riboflavin, sucralose, artificial flavors, and milk thistle alternatives and has a caramel color. It’s great as a caffeine boost!
- Monster Energy Zero Ultra Sugar-Free is a zero-calorie energy drink that has an enjoyable and lighter flavor than the Sugar-Free Red Bull. It has 150mg of caffeine/can. It also comes in various flavors such as violet, watermelon, and peach.
- Zevia Zero Calorie is an energy drink sweetened with stevia leaf. Its ingredients are caffeine, citric acid, carbonated water, and natural flavors. It’s one of the healthiest energy drinks to choose from!
- Zipfizz healthy energy drink mix is ideal if you want to consume more electrolytes and antioxidants and boost your vitamin intake. It has zero calories and is low in carbs. It’s also gluten-free and stimulates your organism with 500mg of vitamin C. You just need to mix the powder with 16-20 ounces of water. The caffeine from guarana and the green tea leaf extract will keep you energized on a busy day!
- VPX Bang Energy Drink comes in various flavors, like Georgia peach, black cherry vanilla, peach mango and cotton candy. It’s full of flavor, delicious and affordable too.
If you want an energy drink to boost energy and satisfy your sugar craving, we’ve got you covered! You can always make a natural energy drink according to your taste! In order to make your homemade energy drink, you will need the following ingredients:
- One container of Yoplait Light Yogurt Very Vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
- One tbsp ground flaxseed
- One tbsp honey
- One medium-peeled orange
Just blend the ingredients until smooth.
Alternatives to Pear Red Bull
If you wish to explore alternatives to the pear flavor of Red Bull, you’re in the right place! Here’s what we found:
- Perfect Ted Matcha Energy Drink in Pear & Ginger is a sugar-free energy drink with 80mg of caffeine, zero fats, carbs, and sugar. It’s 100% natural, making it ideal for vegans, gluten-intolerant people, and people with diabetes. Among its ingredients are: pear, lemon, and ginger juice, green tea extract, lightly sparkling water, matcha, organic ceremonial grade, and natural flavoring.
- CELSIUS Sparkling Fuji Apple Pear is vegan, gluten-free, and is ideal for people who are on a Kosher Diet. It has 200mg of caffeine, 7 essential vitamins and minerals, biotin, guarana seed extract, green tea extract, and ginger root. It also contains chromium, which is an appetite suppressant that normalizes blood sugar levels and enhances metabolism.
We hope that we have answered your questions if Pear Red Bull and Sugar-Free Red Bull have been discontinued. Sugar-free is here to stay, but pear flavor may be unofficially gone.
Whatever the cause, there are undoubtedly many other delicious sugar-free beverages available that can give you the same energy boost as Red Bull ones. So don’t panic – you can still satisfy your craving for a sugar-free drink. However, remember that you should always consume energy drinks in moderation. For more drink recipes, you can check our designated section here!
- Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe - March 21, 2023
- How to make banana bread without a loaf pan - March 21, 2023
- Cracker Barrel squash casserole recipe - March 21, 2023