As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Rudy’s Green Chile Stew is made by combining juicy pork stew meat, creamy potatoes, delicious broth, and broiled green chile salsa and seasonings. This hearty recipe combines many ingredients to give an appetizing and succulent taste. Rudy’s Green Chile Stew Recipe is an amazing winter meal everyone will enjoy eating.
Quick Meal Facts
2 hours 15 minutes
Ease of Cooking
The recipe is easy to follow, and you don’t need any kitchen experience to prepare it.
- 1 ½ cups pork stew meat
- 1 ½ pounds gemstone potatoes
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cans beef broth (or chicken broth, if you prefer)
- 8 ounces green chile salsa
- 1 can chopped green chiles (if you want more heat, buy hot chiles)
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Potato flakes or cornstarch to thicken
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Cilantro
- Large stew pot or a slow cooker
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add salt
- After cleaning and chopping your potatoes, boil them
- Add pork stew meat and beef broth to a large stew pot
- Add seasoning, minced garlic, and onions
- Bring the mix to a boil until almost finished
- In the stew pot, add the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes
- Cut the potato into bite-size pieces
- Bring to boil until almost finished
- Drain the potatoes and let them aside
- In a large pot, cook the pork stew meat in the beef broth with garlic, onions, and seasoning
- Boil until almost finished
- Potatoes and the remaining ingredients should be added to the saucepan with the nearly finished pork stew meat
- For around 30 minutes, simmer the mix
- Serve hot with cheese, cilantro, or sour cream
This Green Chile stew, loaded with bite-sized chunks of the season with garlic and onion pork, simmered in green chile stew, will make you fall in love with it! You can make green chile stew with various types of meat, such as ground beef, pork, chicken, or steak.
Other Recipes to Try –
Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe
Korean Cheese Balls Recipe
You can store Rudy’s Green Chile stew in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just put it in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Rudy’s green chile stew is freezer-friendly too.
You can reheat the Rudy’s Green Chile stew on the stovetop; however, make sure you stir occasionally. If the mix is too thick, add a little bit of water or broth until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Nutritional Information Health Benefits
Rudy’s green chile stew is not only easy to make, but it is also a healthy recipe! It only has 168 calories per serving, containing 17g of total carbs, 7.5g of protein, and 8g of fat.
How Can I Tweak Rudy’s Green Chile Stew Recipe?
If you want to tweak Rudy’s green chile stew recipe, you can just substitute some ingredients.
Any potato that has been chopped into bite-sized pieces will work, but for this recipe, choose gemstone potatoes to make the dish look more colorful.
Pork stew meat is available at every neighborhood grocery store. Chop the pig loins and bring them to a boil. Beef broth adds some extra flavor, but you can use the broth from boiling the pork in seasoned water. You can also experiment with other meat combinations in this dish.
Green Chile salsa
For this recipe, Tejano Green Chile Salsa from Kroger was used; however, there is a wide variety of green chile salsas in the market. The spice of the green chiles can also be adjusted. There are a plethora of choices, and you just need to choose the one you prefer.
You can pick any onion of your choice. However, it is recommended to use sweet onion for this recipe. You can also use onion powder, but freshly sliced onion gives a better taste.
You can adjust the spiciness of this Rudy’s Green Chile stew recipe based on your preference by adjusting the amount of chili powder. It all depends on how spicy you want your dish to be.
Can I use a slow cooker like Instant Pot for cooking Rudy’s green chile stew recipe?
Of course, you can use a slow cooker for Ruder’s green chile stew! Firstly, saute your meat in oil. Remove from the instant pot and set aside. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the broth to make sure no ingredients are stuck in the bottom. Then add the pork to the instant pot and the rest of the ingredients. Place the lid and set it to seal; cook on high pressure for 30 minutes and press for a natural release for 20 minutes. To release the rest of the pressure, set the pressure valve to venting.
Can I use chicken instead of pork in Rudy’s green chile stew recipe?
You can use the meat of your choice, whether it’s chicken, beef, lamb, or pork.
Rudy’s green chile stew is a warming, comforting, hearty recipe that’s ideal for cold, rainy days. It’s also budget-friendly and can be made for any occasion. Go ahead and enjoy Rudy’s Green Chile Stew Recipe with your friends and family!
- Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe - March 21, 2023
- How to make banana bread without a loaf pan - March 21, 2023
- Cracker Barrel Squash Casserole Recipe - March 21, 2023